Product Reliability Engineer
Title: Product Reliability Engineer
Location: Centreville, VA
Travel: Up to 10%
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a minimum of a DoD Secret level security clearance. By virtue of that, all must be US Citizens.
As the Product Reliability Engineer, you will work on the Product Support Team and use your analytical and engineering abilities and understanding of Systematic’s SitaWare Suite of Products to address product and licensing issues. You will be responsible for responding to service requests that impact both internal (Engineers, SMEs) and external (customers) stakeholders. In addition, you will work with the Product Support Manager to either implement or improve processes, procedures, systems, tools, workflows, etc. Additional responsibilities include crushing Service Level Objectives (SLOs), eliminating toil, managing releases, and performing occasional on-call. If you have a passion for technology, are a Google-fu master, and obsess over automating mundane tasks, the Product Reliability Engineer is the position for you. The ideal candidate for this role is a recent CS grad or someone with the qualifications below.
- Analytical problem-solver and proficient researcher
- Strong attention to detail
- Great attitude and excellent soft skills
- Strong background in system administration
- Strong background in scripting a plus
- Experience building, debugging, and/or troubleshooting web applications, cloud-based/on-prem infrastructure, DevOps tools, containers, etc.
- Ability to work on-call
- Experience working on and/or supporting Army or DoD programs
- Minimum of an active DoD Secret clearance
- 1-3 years of experience working with Atlassian products like Bitbucket, Confluence, and Jira (or similar software)
- 1-3 years of experience working with VMware products like ESXi, VCSA, vSphere, and Workstation
- 1-3 years of experience with Bash, Go, PowerShell, or Python
- 1-3 years of experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, or Terraform
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.