Title: Communications Manager
Location: Centreville, VA
Terms: Full Time/Permanent
Travel: Up to 20%
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US Government. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
We are a growing company that is looking for THE person that can develop, implement and execute our communications strategy. You will have the unique opportunity to create the communications, marketing, social media and branding agenda for our US office. You will be responsible for writing communications encompassing several different communications vehicles, such as: online content for media and public relations purposes, printed publications and newsletters, social media, as well as website content.
- Focused and Driven – must be able to work independently
- Enthusiastic, high energy and has the drive to exceed expectations
- Dynamic individual with the ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Highly creative, enthusiastic and always coming up with innovative ideas
- Strong business acumen with DoD and Federal experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Genuinely personable and a team player willing to take on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media Management, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Knowledge of DoD Public Affairs Office (PAO) processes, logistics and media relations
- Experience working with management and/or the larger organization to develop and administer communications initiatives
- Background in researching, conducting interviews, writing, editing, and obtaining release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, and statements
- The ability to oversee the organization’s internal and external communication means, including the company website, marketing materials, marketing collateral, advertisements and reporting
- Strong background in developing brand awareness in industry to create an accurate perception of the mission and values of the organization
- Superior ability to create well-written and effective company literature including press releases, brochures, presentations etc.
- Experience collaborating with other parties and developing partnerships inside and outside the organization to develop ideas and strategies
- Top-tier communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- History of working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple assignments from conception to completion and meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Experience monitoring web traffic and conducting media surveillance for trends and any other issues that may be relevant to the company
- Master’s degree in Communications, Media Management, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 4 -7 years’ experience with marketing/communications (in both the DoD and Federal market space)
- Professional background working at a small to medium sized organization and being the “go-to” person for their area of expertise; operating as a one-stop-shop
- Practical experience in all aspect of developing and maintaining communication strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Hands on experience with developing web content and a communications platform that can support sales activities
- Multi-talented – good in marketing communication, has an “easy pen”, also has an eye for graphical design and is able to use relevant software tools. (E.g. able to ensure eye-catching PowerPoint presentations)
- Familiar with developing communication strategies and content that are focused around a customer value proposition
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.