Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Centreville, VA
Terms: Full Time/Permanent
Travel: Up to 25%
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US Government. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be working with our development team to provide end-to-end technical solutions across several areas:
- You will be expected to apply your advanced technical background to overcome any number of challenges on the projects you support.
- You will help to deliver both pre-sales and post-sales support to a variety of customers and business partners.
- You will be expected to participate in customer facing meetings to align strategies and determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions or solution alternatives.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to determine the fit between a client’s requested deployment and the defined deployment criteria of our product suite.
- Develop and refine technical solutions that meet or exceed all technical requirements while working closely with customers
- Create solution architecture figures, content, and artefacts that clearly communicate the solution
- Work closely with product team to support a wide variety of development activities
- Serve as a hands-on solution architect and leverage expertise in architecting, designing, and building medium to large-scale systems
- Oversee and mentor other Engineers in support activities
- Background and/or degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 8 + years of industry experience preferably in engineering or related discipline
- Broad technical background in internet security principles
- Strong background in IT system administration
- Thorough understanding of web service communication protocols: SOAP and REST
- Thorough understanding of how to design, develop, and deploy modular software programs using OSGi
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Strong understanding of Angular UI development
- Working knowledge of cloud principle technologies: Azure, AWS, etc.
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to travel 25%
- Defense industry communication technologies, such as: SATCOM, 3G, LTE, tactical radios, LAN/WAN, WIFI, etc.
- Working knowledge of defense interoperability standards, such as: USTMF, VMF, APP-11, MIP, Link 16, NFFI, CoT, etc.
- Military knowledge or experience is preferred
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and their families
- 401K with company match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.