Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Centreville, VA
Terms: Full Time/Permanent
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have a minimum of an active DoD Secret clearance. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
Systems Engineers apply a structured approach to the design and implementation of systems and processes. They capture and translate mission and customer requirements in order to transform them into capabilities, testing, and validation. As a Systematic Systems Engineer, you will assist our clients and business partners with implementing and integrating our software solutions, comprised of the SitaWare Suite of applications.
You will be a technical “problem-solver” and must be extremely comfortable working in client-facing roles. You will be part of our software development team who explores and expands capabilities of the SitaWare Suite to satisfy our customer’s unique needs.
You will be expected to work with other members of the team, which is comprised of software engineers, systems engineers, architects, testers, subject matter experts, and project managers that will jointly plan, develop, and implement our solution in the customer’s organization. You will also travel to customer locations (domestic and international) for meetings, discussions, and ad-hoc engineering and troubleshooting support.
Finally, you will be expected to participate in providing occasional on-call support as needed.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- 4-6 years of Systems Engineering experience, including experience with networking, Microsoft services, VMware, and Linux.
- 2-4 years of experience with object-oriented programming and/or scripting.
- Strong experience with debugging and/or troubleshooting complex issues ranging from network issues, software issues, and systems issues.
- Experience with Web Service API’s
- Experience with Git and Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering-related field.
- Strong experience with the OSI Model, TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, HTTP, QoS, etc.
- Strong experience with Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 and Active Directory.
- Strong experience with VMware ESXi, VCSA, vSphere, and Workstation.
- Strong experience with Java, Powershell & Bash
- Experience with DoD practices.
- Experience with military C4 systems.
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.