Title: Project Manager
Location: Centreville, VA
Terms: Full Time/Permanent
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have a minimum of an active DoD Secret clearance. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
As the Project Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the implementation and delivery of complex technical solutions to our customer(s). You will prioritize, coordinate and optimize activities across projects in coordination with other members of leadership. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to deliver to the agreed scope, which includes budget, schedule and quality. Additionally, you will be expected to continuously develop long-term relationships with our customers.
You will manage your own core team of highly skilled professionals, which you will grow in capability and size as we develop our projects.
The Project Manager will work closely with other staff members from other teams and departments to ensure proper staffing levels and update status of the project as needed. Additionally, this person may be asked to support proposals and any other business development activity requiring deep knowledge of the products and services we offer.
- Leadership: Will supervise and lead a team of individuals with various backgrounds to achieve maximum effectiveness; Provides on-going guidance, coaching, and oversee the performance management process to drive both individual and team development.
- Management: Oversee all aspects of dedicated project assigned to project teams, (development, planning, staffing, cost, scheduling, resources etc.); Will be the liaison between the customer and the technical team, effectively managing expectations and influencing decision making throughout the life of the contract(s)
- Financial Oversight: Key elements: Strong attention to detail as it relates to budget control, fiscal tracking of labor estimation and costs, timely and accurate invoicing; Must ensure adherence to federal compliance standards and ethical business practices.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Project Manager in a technical or engineering environment with a focus on delivering projects to external customers.
- Minimum of an active DoD Secret security clearance
- B.S. in Computer Science, technical engineering or related field
- Current PMP certification
- Strong background in resource management and planning processes as it relates to technical service delivery
- Excellent understanding of federal contracts and the DoD acquisition process
- Capacity for ensuring the satisfactory completion of critical work and/or projects
- Proven ability to track and report task-level project management components such as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs), cost, schedule, and quality metrics
- Strong experience in managing risks both at a project and technical levels
- Capable of working with and influencing customers to discuss issues and opportunities for task delivery and program expansion
- Ability to provide administrative support to senior leadership as needed
- Demonstrated competency in developing and maintaining project plans, tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources
- Propensity to work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs
- Strong team building and leadership skills with proven ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Certified Scrum Master and fully aware of Agile methodology
- Background supporting all levels of projects in the IT services, software and/or Defense contracting industry
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and amiable with colleagues along with superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong business ethics with a focus on quality and efficiency
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.