Director, Business Development - Navy
Title: Director, Business Development - Navy
Location: Centreville, VA
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have a minimum of an active DoD Secret clearance. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for driving Systematic products and solutions to the US Navy. You will be working closely with all members of the Business Development team as well as technical and operational Subject Matter Experts to understand our customer’s challenges and how to leverage the Systematic product line. This person will be expected to leverage their knowledge and experience to develop both short- and long-term business development strategies.
- Identify, monitor and track new opportunities using a variety of US Government & commercial procurement portals such as FedBizOps, GovWin.
- Work with team to drive and track the overall win strategies for current and future pursuits
- Facilitate relationships with customers and business partners alike
- Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive and sustain revenue growth
- Develop short- and long-term pipeline of opportunities and effectively communicate all the opportunities and plans for management and technical teams
- Track and manage weekly/monthly/quarterly status reports outlining pipeline and department activities.
- Former US Naval Officer, SWO, Command at Sea, or Logistics Corps
- Demonstrated ability to identify key stakeholders and business drivers for key US Navy and/or other DoD organizations.
- Possess a strong business acumen of federal government contracting and a command of the capture management process
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Knowledge of US Navy Shipboard/Shore C4I systems and integration with Joint Forces
- 5+ years of experience and history of success in selling IT solutions or software to Federal customers; specifically, within DoD
- Experience with Defense Acquisition management processes as contained in the DoD 5000 series directives
- Program Manager or IPT Lead of NAVAIR or NAVSEA major systems acquisition programs
- DAWIA Program Management Certified – Level II or III
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.