Social Media Intern (PAID)
Title: Social Media Intern
Location: Centreville, VA
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a minimum of a DoD Secret level security clearance. By virtue of that, all must be US Citizens.
Systematic Inc. is seeking forward-thinking, tech savvy Social Media Intern to drive social media strategy for our organization. The ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day operation of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and possibly create new outlets.
The Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to work across several teams in communications, recruitment and business development. Projects will include but won't be limited do, creating social media campaigns, marketing events, employer branding and corporate announcements.
This is a paid internship and the opportunity for the right candidate to develop professionally in a fun and fast-paced environment.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in a communications, media or related field.
- Proficiency in creating content on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in building and growing a social media audience
- Creative, resourceful, proactive, and adaptive
- Ability to develop initiatives that meet brand objectives along with increasing web traffic
- US Citizenship
- Experience monitoring websites social media and PR analytics to identify valuable insights
- Background in creating corporate announcements, including press releases and media alerts
- Ability to develop and manage web pages
- Prior internship experience at a public relations or marketing firm or corporate communications or marketing department is preferred
- Occasional free lunches
- Free snacks/coffee/espresso/beverages
- Company social events
- Open office with access to lots of natural light
- Motorized stand-up desk
- Fun/Highly interactive office
Additional Considerations: This is a part-time, non-exempt opportunity. At this time, there is an indefinite timeframe associated with the duration of this role.
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.