Title: Software Engineer
Location: Centreville, VA
Travel: Up to 15%
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have a minimum of an active DoD Secret clearance. By virtue of that, U.S. citizenship is required.
As a Software Engineer you will assist our clients and business partners with implementing our software solutions, SitaWare and IRIS, in their technical infrastructure and according to their working procedures. You should be a technical “problem-solver” and extremely comfortable working in client-facing roles. You will be part of our software development team which extends and adapts our standard software to fit the customer requirements and needs.
You will work in cross-functional teams with other software engineers, systems engineers, architects, testers, and project managers that will jointly plan and implement our systems and solutions in the customer’s organization.
- 2+ years development experience
- Experience developing in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience version control, ideally Git
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle and Maven
- Experience in developing in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Functional understanding of networking, virtualization and core server concepts
- Capable of developing in a team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and implement software solutions with limited guidance
- Background in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Experience working in DoD environment
- Experience with TypeScript, Pug, NPM, and additional front-end frameworks
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices and terminology
- Capable of building automated tests for both front end and back end modules
- Understanding of secure coding techniques
- Experience developing in an agile environment with tools such as JIRA
- Understanding of Scrum
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Exposure to Wildfly, JBoss EAP or any other major application servers
Systematic takes great pride in offering our employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
- 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
- Training and Certification reimbursement
- Gym/Health club reimbursement
- Company paid home Internet and mobile phone
At Systematic, you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. We are committed to invest in our team with the right tools, training and opportunity for growth every day.
SYSTEMATIC Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Systematic will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008.
14A 13A 11A 19